FujiFilm FinePix S5700

It finally happened.  I kept hoping it would not be for a really long time yet.  Things had been OKAY for the longest time...especially after the fall.  There were bruises but after a while, things seemed OK.  The fall was several years ago...and at first, I thought my Camera wasn't going to make it.  I
accidentally dropped it although nothing appeared broken.  But, when I took pictures, they'd be broken up by lines.  Then, after several weeks, it worked again.  That is until yesterday.  

We'd taken the Pups to the Groomer and I had her do new and different "do's" on them...and I wanted to take pictures.   When I got the Pups together and turned on the camera...NOTHING WORKED.  I replaced the batteries (which worked in a flashlight and a clock) with freshly charged batteries and the camera turned on.   I removed the Lens Cover and couldn't see anything in my ViewFinder.  None of the buttons worked on my camera.  I couldn't even turn it off.  But within seconds, it turned itself off.

NEWER batteries again.  Nothing.  Camera Owner's Manual out of the drawer...checked all possibilities for problems.  Every problem was related to DEAD BATTERIES.  But I had LIVE and FRESHLY CHARGED BATTERIES!  Drats!  Looks like I'll be doing some shopping...for a new Camera.  And I'll probably not be doing alot of Blogging until I find one.

UPDATE:  Suddenly my camera began working again...the day that I was going to go out and finally purchase a replacement for it.  We'll see how it goes.  I really hate to get rid of this camera, it has functioned for so long, so well...and it takes gorgeous pictures.  I'm sure a replacement camera would take beautiful pictures too...and may even do things this one doesn't do...but, then I would have to relearn a new camera...something I just don't want to do right now. 
Jan Tanis
Jan Tanis

I'm Jan and I'm happy you stopped in. Please, leave a comment and follow along..

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar tale of woe with one of my cameras years ago.
    Husband got me a Lumix camera for Christmas a few years ago. I like it a lot. But everyone seems to be enamored of their phone cameras these days. And the pix Are good. And the Apps look like so much fun -making photos look like watercolors, etc. Seems so convenient to have a camera that takes good pictures with you all the time. If I ever have to buy a new camera, I think I'll get an iPhone or something. Right now, tho, am perfectly satisfied with my very old non-smart phone and my Lumix.
    Happy Shopping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, I know this story too. Yesterday my great little Sony Cybershot started doing some weird stuff when taking pics. I think it is letting me know it won't be long and I will be shopping for a new camera too.
    Have fun shopping!!
    Happy August and have a great weekend.
    XO

    ReplyDelete