Angel Is Doing a Bit Better...

Angel has ALWAYS been my sweetiepie...going everywhere with me...checking on me when I was in another room, whimpering when I wasn't...and crying when I was gone and she and her furry siblings were at home alone with daddy. Last Thursday, I decided it was time to start her on the Benadryl the Vet had recommended or a skin allergy.  Thursday was also the day my Bell's Palsy symptoms began to appear.  It didn't occur to me until Sunday FOR SURE,
that I was getting BP.  Being as intune to me as she is, I think she knew that something was going on with me, that I was getting sick and it made her nervous.  She wouldn't snuggle with me, wouldn't give me kisses...nothing that entailed sitting near me.  Then Saturday night...she even took to hiding behind the sofa when I came near her.

Once she did that, she continued to do it.  And she wouldn't come out for me.  And it's not like we have a sofa that's easily moved to get at her.  Our sofa is a heavy La-Z Boy Reclining Sofa!

I think she was in escape from the situation mode - sleeping, appearing lethargic, growling, hiding, not eating, not drinking...maybe wanting attention but definitely NOT from me!!  She sat with hubby on the sofa, all sprawled out...she played with him...she ran outside all around the place with him...but wouldn't do a thing with me.

So, do you think I hit the nail on the head with this theory?  Let me know.
Jan Tanis
Jan Tanis

I'm Jan and I'm happy you stopped in. Please, leave a comment and follow along..

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, so glad to come back and read your theory about Angel and how it points to your attack of BP. I do think you hit on something here as our pets can sense when something is going on with us and our health. Miss B always knew when I was sick and how they respond is unique to each one. I think Angel knew what was coming and I hope she is doing better with her allergies too.
    In the meantime, continued prayers for you and this journey to be short.
    Hugs and love to you for better days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that sweet Angel is doing a bit better, Jan! I think you may be on to something. That she is so in tune with you, and what is happening to your health. I am praying for both of you, I sure hope you are feeling better very soon, how frustrating all of this must be! I just read today about the vitamin supplement niacinamide, and all of the great things it can do. My dermatologist recommended it to me a few weeks ago (my hair has been thinning). Anyway, it mentioned that niacinamide can be helpful in Bells Palsy. It might be worth a try!!!

    ReplyDelete