A Secret I Revealed About Myself Some Time Ago...Pyrex

Oh, my how I LOVE Pyrex!  I especially love Pyrex with Pink on it.  I have several very special pieces in pink.  I shop our local shops, garage and estate sales and anywhere there might be some Pyrex, scouting for special pieces.  The Round Casserole Dishes are quite pricey, if you purchase them on-line, especially if they're in good condition.  Pink is outrageous on-line!  And with that said, you know how much I ♥ Shopping!  Usually, I do that on-line, but it's best scouting around in person.  There are so many pretty prints available...
and styles of Pyrex available.  I have several Cinderella Bowl sets, with 4 bowls that make up the set.  I have a couple of the Round Casserole Dish Sets of 5 different sizes in a set.  I also have divided dishes with covers.

Some of my items are from long ago, like the Gooseberry Cinderella Bowl Set I have...sold for only $4.95 for the entire set of 4 Bowls way back in 1957.  I was in the 2nd grade in school when it debuted!!

Now, let's take a peek inside my China Cabinet at some of my Pyrex.  If you didn't see the Secret Reveal Post, click Here.


The two sets on either side are the Autumn pattern and were Made In England...with a beautiful sunny yellow and pink floral motif.  These round casserole dishes came with the brown glass covers.  They are in mint condition.  One set I even bought in the original box!  I couldn't wait to open it and see it new!  

The two dishes in front are divided casserole dishes, the top in a pale yellow and gold Dandelion pattern and the bottom in the pink and white Daisy pattern.  They have divided glass covers too.  Again, in nearly mint condition.  

All were quite a bargain...gathered from various sales.


On the left is the green and white Crazy Daisy - Spring Blossoms Cinderella 4-Bowl Set.  It includes the 4 quart, 1 1/2 quart, 1 quart and 1 1/2 pint bowls.

On the right is the same Cinderella 4-Bowl Set in the Butterfly Gold pattern, in gold and white.

Cinderella Bowls have handles on each side of the bowl...and the smaller, more narrowed is for pouring.


Here I have 3 sets of "pretties".  The one on the left is Corning Ware...and it's in the Daisy pattern called Floral Bouquet.  I only have the larger and middle-sized casserole dishes with lids.  I recently did a post on this set, which you can see here.

In the center is a pink and white set called Gooseberry.  The set on the bottom consists of 4 Refrigerator Dishes.  They have beautiful ridged glass lids.  I remember my mother having refrigerator dishes for meat loaf...but they didn't look like this!  The Gooseberry Pattern debuted in 1957...that's OVER 50 years ago!  And my dishes are in such good shape for having been around and used for that period of time.  The round casserole dish on top of the refrigerator dishes is the same Gooseberry pattern...just an extra.

On the right is the Blue Iris Pattern, also made in England, set of 3 round casserole dishes with clear glass lids.


Above, on the top shelf is the Pink and White Gooseberry Set of Three round casserole dishes, with glass lids.  They are the 1 pint, 1 1/2 pint and 1 quart size casseroles.

Above, lower shelf, is the 4-bowl set of the Pink and White Gooseberry Pattern Cinderella Bowls....4 quart, 1 1/2 quart, 1 1/2 pint and 1 pint sizes.  This pattern is just so pretty {these pix don't do them justice - too much glare}.


This is the Pink and White Gooseberry LARGE set of round casserole dishes with glass lids.  They are 1 quart, 1 1/2 quart and 2 1/2 quart in size.

{sorry about some of the grainy photos and the glare from the sun, I'll be doing some additional Pyrex posts in the future, where these will show much better}

I will be sharing other Pyrex I've collected too in future posts!  Hope you enjoyed this peek into my China Cabinet.
Jan Tanis
Jan Tanis

I'm Jan and I'm happy you stopped in. Please, leave a comment and follow along..

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You have a nice collection of vintage pyrex. You can't beat it for it's style and quality. That stuff lasts forever. I've noticed how collectable it is at antique stores too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jan, I am in love with all of your Pyrex! You really do like it, don't you :) Thanks for giving us a peek. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have a great collection of Pyrex, Jan! I love the fact that they are made to endure, plus look so pretty! The pink is especially pretty, but you are right, they are oh so expensive! I have a pair of small casserole dishes circa mid 1970's. They are blue and white, the snowflake pattern, I believe. Who would have thought they would be so collectible now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: I tried to leave a reply to the comment that you left on my last post, but you are a no reply blogger. Forgot to say congrats on your new blog, I am now following:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan, your Pyrex is the prettiest I have ever seen. What a gorgeous collection you have. I love how you have them displayed and stored. They look like new and I know you take very good care of these treasures.
    Sure love your new blog, look and name. Wishing you much success and good health in 2015.
    Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jan and Happy New Year! Oh, I love your Pyrex collection! I love the Gooseberry Pink and have some too. You have some patterns I've never seen before. Love em! You've been hiding all of these gorgeous pieces from us! :) Take care and you're always a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Pyrex collection. I have quite a few pieces myself but my favorite pattern is the Pink Gooseberry and you have a great collection of that. I do have the Cinderella Bowl set! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete