Garage Sale - and Update

For the past month, I've been going through all of my "Stuff", Closets, Cupboards, Hiding places...just looking at everything I have and deciding whether it's going to be Kept - Donated or Put on my Garage Sale next weekend.  First thing I found was in my Garage!  My Nissan Altima.  I sold it!  I needed room in my garage to set this sale up - and I didn't need 2 cars.  It was in my name alone, so it's gone.  Tom said I should sell all his tools, he didn't need them...and to use the money for myself and the Pups.  Trust me when I say...there are alot of tools...and a a rolling cabinet...
like this one!
There wasn't much in the way of clothes to get rid of or even sort...I'm not a clothes kind of gal.  Well, OK, wait a minute.  I am a clothed girl...just don't have an over-abundance of anything - needing to be sorted!  LOL!

But, there was alot of "Stuff" in my Walk-In Closet to sort through and you bet ya' I have stuff to sell at my Garage Sale.  Lots of Yarn...a Bath Towel Set received as a Gift that really didn't work with my color scheme.  Fancy Pillows...Feather Pillows...a Comforter and all the trimmings, including Curtains...Afghans I Made too.

Cupboards and Hiding Places had tons of stuff I either haven't used in a long time...or I had plain forgotten about!  So...I'd better get busy cleaning out my Garage and setting up for this Garage Sale.  I have Old Country Roses China - Place Settings - Oval Platters, including a very large Turkey Platter - Individual Salt & Pepper Shakers, plus Regular Salt & Pepper Shakers, Serving Dishes, Deviled Egg Platter and so much more.   

 
 
I have a beautiful Chrome and Glass Kromex Lazy Susan Tray called a Buffeteria.  It's 16" round...There's the Chrome Base that holds 3 beautiful 11" wavy glass trays that fit around a round bowl with a Chrome and Gold Cover/Handle.  It's in perfect shape.  Doesn't even appear to have been used.  I know I never used it!

Another bank of Cupboards is where my Pyrex has all been hiding.  So, some of that will be going as well...like this Colonial Mist Large Round Casserole Set with Lids...475B, 474B, & 473B, as well as the smaller Set of these Casseroles.  There are so many Pyrex and Corning Ware pieces I've not used sitting in this cupboard...so I will continue sorting out pieces I want and putting the rest of them on my Garage Sale.

I don't have a problem getting rid of things I haven't used...don't want anymore...or have just held on to them for a while, trying to figure out if I can use them some how.  Like a 2 tiered table (30") that I absolutely love but don't have a place for anymore.

I'm even giving away half of the Year's Worth of Dog Food I won for my 3 Pups.  Since the 3 of them only eat half a can (altogether) a day - there's no way they'll eat all of what I have - so half of it will either be picked up by the Humane Shelter we usually donate to...or sold at the Garage Sale.  It's good food too!  There are 164 cans which is OVER 13 cases of food.

So...I will be busy for a while longer - and away from my blog...but I promise I will return.

Just a little Update...


Just a few days ago, I passed a 3-year anniversary of my first attack of Bell's Palsy.  And I'm coming up on the 1-year anniversary of my second attack (on both sides of my face) in August.  I just want to say that I'm doing fine - better than ever, as far as facial movement and everything goes.  There's a couple of spots around my lips that don't quite work - mainly on right side and above my lip...so I still can't whistle.  But, I'd say I'm at about 95% recovered.   When I return to regular bloggin, I promise I will make another video.  It's been a while since I did the last one.
Left to Right: Jasper, Rosie and Angel
My Pups and I are getting along fine...and coming up on 2 months since my Tom left us and moved in with one of his grown children and his family.  He lives over 4 hours away and outside of talking to him the day after he left...I haven't heard anything else from him...well, outside of a phone number he emailed me in response to a question I had.  I really don't know what his intentions are...I can only guess.  I think I'd be close to correct saying that by his distant move and lack of communication since he left that he doesn't intend to return to our home or our marriage.  But, he is giving me money to pay all of our bills - having his social security check deposited in our account.  He has a pension check he is living on.  Some days, I'm broken-hearted that this has happened...and I'm concerned for him.  Other days, I breeze through the day without being upset at all.  Since I can't control what he does or doesn't do, all I can do is control the way I react to the situation.  Every time I have a bit of a melt-down...negative thoughts/feelings...concern about how I will do everything there is to do around here (things that were not being handled as they should have been)...I just call out to the Father.  

My Favorite song {Video Below} has a chorus that goes...

I am not alone,
I am not alone...
You will go before me,
You will never leave me...

And I sing that over and over throughout the day/night and just as quickly as I start singing, peace just floods my soul.  Peace!  Real Father-Given Peace!  It's marvelous!  I know God will turn this into something for His Glory...and He'll use me through it.


Thank you for all of your Prayers!  
Jan Tanis
Jan Tanis

I'm Jan and I'm happy you stopped in. Please, leave a comment and follow along..

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, wow you are going to have an incredible garage sale. You have wonderful items. Wish I could visit your big day. Best of luck and I hope you sell out fast!!
    You have come a long way in a short time and so glad that you are doing okay. Continued prayers for you.
    Have a blessed Sunday.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan,
    Catching up with my friends and I agree with CM you have come a long way in a short time. I too wish I could have been at your garage sale, you have or had some beautiful items. You are moving forward with a renewed spirit and that is a beautiful blessing.
    Warm Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear an update sweet friend..... I'm so proud of you. I wish we lived closer... so we could just sit and rock and pet furry 4 legged friends... ;) I'm proud of you and your faith!!!

    Ohhhhhh those dishes.... oh those dishes!!! So beautiful. I want to come pick your garage sale!!!! =)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great! It's amazing how much stuff we acquire. Garage sales are great for getting rid of all of the things we no longer need. I am proud of you. Life can be trying, but you are a survivor. Big hugs for you and the pups.

    ReplyDelete