Am I the Only One Who's Concerned About Who Is In My Google+ Circles...

Or who is putting ME in THEIR Circles?

Over the past couple of weeks, I have seen a large increase of people on Google+ adding me to their Circles.  Has anyone else?  I've never seen anything like it.  Perhaps I should be excited about all...
the new Followers.  But I'm not!  It's sort of an eerie thing that's been happening.  You see, ALL of the new Followers are MEN I DO NOT KNOW!  And there have been over 20 of them...from everywhere.  They just add me to their circles and that's that.  DUH!

No where do I note that I'm interested in Men, dating, or anything else.  I am NOT divorced, NOR am I widowed - I am MARRIED.  And quite frankly, I'm not impressed...or flattered.

So, I added something to my Google+ Profile or About nook...to let anyone else who thinks they will do the same, know how I feel...if they read it.  Here it is...

While I appreciate Followers...or having people in my Circles, if you happen to be a MALE that I don't know and you add me to your Circles without first communicating with me, I will BLOCK you.  I won't REPORT you, but I won't allow you to put me in your circles, presuming I will do the same for you.  

In this day and age, it's necessary to be careful and mindful of who is "Following" oneself, especially you're a female.  You have to be vigilant.

Enough said?  I hope so. 
Jan Tanis
Jan Tanis

I'm Jan and I'm happy you stopped in. Please, leave a comment and follow along..

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jan! Don't feel alone. This has been happening to me and it shows up in my email that these men has added me to their circles and I just delete it as spam. I did google it awhile ago and I think they are on a mission to get loads of people in their circle. Like, if I add you hopefully you'll add me. I wish there was a way to prevent this but I don't think there is. I wish there was a way if someone wants to add us to their circles we had to approve it first!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Afternoon Jan, Well I never, I have been finding that for some reason or another, I have been having the same problem with men wanting to follow me as well. The interesting thing is I talk about my daughters and I talk about my husband quite a lot in my blog, so its obvious that I am happily married and have been so for 45 years. When I receive a male wanting to follow me, I click through to their Google + and if it is a male who is like minded and enjoys cooking, then I accept them, but if not then I do not follow them and I tend to find, they usually delete me from their circles. It's amazing..... I have had about 15 General's in the US Army wanting to follow me and whilst I do accept that Generals do read blogs, I really don't think they would find mine very interesting.
    I love that you have highlighted this problem, because I had thought of doing the same thing myself.
    Enjoy your day.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne
    ivyphyllisandme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan, I have been seeing the same here on a daily bases. I too send these right to spam and delete them not responding or adding them back. They have been mostly from the military as well. I think there is a group doing this and the google members may not even realize this. As long as we don't add them back they will not be able to see what we are doing or sharing. If it continues many will leave the site for safety. There is no place truly safe on line. We have to be careful and not give too much info or locations. Thanks for sharing this and also for stopping by today and of course can share the soup recipe in a post. Enjoy!Thank you.
    Have a great day dear friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan,
    I am so glad that you mentioned this, as I am concerned as well, it does seem to worry all of us, doesn't it.
    I actually not only delete them, I block them.
    Thank you again,
    Hugs,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this on my google plus page, but it is something to be cautious with. I have checked off MARRIED on my page, but I would not block each and every single male out there. There are great authors, inspirational speakers, and many artists who inspire me and my husband. No, I would not communicate with any male PRIVATELY, but on a public forum, with caution, yes.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete