My Favorite Piece of Cookware

About 30 years ago, I found this large [12"] Saute Pan in a Cookware Shop.  It was heavy, sturdy, appeared well-made and it was what I needed to get "the job done" - you know, cooking at home.  It was just the right size for anything [unless of course, it was to fry up 2 eggs for breakfast - in which...
case I used a much smaller pan]...but it was so worth the $19.99 I paid for it.  It's made by Mirro and they've been around forever [founded in 1909]. 
Since it is my MOST USED pan in my kitchen [I use it nearly every day for stews, soups, frying up chicken, making Country Pork Sausage Gravy and so much more], it gets a work-out.  I think I've only replaced it 3 times in 30 years.  The last saute pan I had, I purchased 10 years ago, just after I moved to Michigan.  So, it wasn't surprising that now, nearing the end of 2015, I would need a new one.

[I do have a couple other Get-A-Grip Nonstick Pots, but I don't have to replace them as often, since like I said above, I use this pan the most.]

I went on-line of course, to search for one.  Only the Mirro, 12" Saute Pan, with vented lid would do.  And I found it!!  I found it ON SALE too!  It was only $17.21 and shipping was only $4.99.  [or you do get Free Shipping with an order over $49.00]  Here is all the information on the website ALLMODERN

***This is my review of great cookware.  I did NOT receive anything for writing about or reviewing this cookware.  All views are my own.

Jan Tanis
Jan Tanis

I'm Jan and I'm happy you stopped in. Please, leave a comment and follow along..

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jan, good cookware is such a joy. This sounds wonderful and I have a pan with lid very similar. I love it and it cooks like a charm. I will remember this one when I need to replace. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post, I am actually in the market for new cookware!! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan! I certainly know how it is to have the perfect cookware to use! My most favorite pan has just worn out and I've had it for probably over 10 years! I'll look into this when I start looking. Hope you're having a good week so far.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan :)

    Thanks for the information o the pan. I'll have to check it out.

    I'm so sorry I missed your birthday! I hope it was lovely :)

    xoxo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete