UPDATE on my Prayer Request

Yesterday I received a Summons for Jury Service beginning June 20 in the District Court in Detroit Michigan.  I had prayed I would be excused.  Just the thought of driving that far [approx 60 miles - 1hr without traffic] with my 14 year old car and the fact that I haven't driven more than 1000 miles in the past year [all in the city], since hubby left scares me.  I don't go anywhere I don't absolutely HAVE to go.  On top of that, it's Detroit! - a very UNsafe city.  That scares me even more...to the point of having a panic attack yesterday.  I sent the email asking to be excused and got the email from them this morning - NOT EXCUSED.  I don't know what I'm going to do with my dogs either, since they can't be boarded, due to them NOT being able to have shots, since they've all gone into anaphylactic shock from them.  And all of the work I have to do around here...with the rest of the painting, the wall outside needs to be rebuilt...and my sense of PANIC.  I feel overwhelmed at the moment.  Please continue to keep me in your prayers. 
Jan Tanis
Jan Tanis

I'm Jan and I'm happy you stopped in. Please, leave a comment and follow along..

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Jan. Sorry to hear about your situation. I had jury duty come up two years ago, and knew that there was no way that I would be able to endure sitting there all day.

    So, I made an appointment right away with my doctor, and explained to him my reasons for not being able to go, all of which were already documented in my medical files, and he had his assistant type up a letter, that I sent to the court, and I was excused. I hope and pray �� that you are able to do that, too. Just make sure that you keep copies of that letter, and whatever else you send. I also sent my letter, registered mail, where they have to sign the card, and then you get that card mailed back to you, so you have proof that they received it. Keep me informed, as to how things go. I would really hate to see you have to go out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, I read Barb's comment and I think this would really work for you. I hope you can be excused because going there alone is not a good idea. Praying the answer comes in your favor. Thanks for the break wishes. I won't be here much but I will try and visit and post through my cell on facebook. Take care and have a good weekend. Blessings and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, I feel for you. I surely hope you can be excused. My sister laughed about me being called to jury duty...then she got called..she said, I am just going to tell them I am prejudice towards whatever they are talking about..I told her, don't worry , I think they will know. She never even got interviewed. I would not want to drive an older car into Detroit...or even a new one. I am not as wild eyed about things any more. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you, Jan. You just need a doctor's excuse that it would be hardship on you and you would be excused. Good luck. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan! I'm so sorry they're saying you have to serve jury duty. I got called right after I got home from breaking my knee and I called in and got excused. Now I'm agreeing with Barb and Celeste that you can do this. I do hope it works out so you don't have to go. I wouldn't want to go into the city either.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete