What Will It Be?

UPDATE:  January 1, 2017

I began this NEW blog today!  [I was at Jan's Place when I wrote this]  When God's hand is in the planning, things can change quickly...as they did with Blogging for me.

______________________________

Those are the answers I'm picking from...What's the question?  

Do I continue blogging in 2017?

I've been missing from blogland for a good portion of 2016.  Have you missed me?  Or have you forgotten about me?  I haven't forgotten about you.  

I've had so many things that needed my attention around here...I just didn't make the time to blog.  I've completed alot of projects and for that I'm so pleased.  I am doing fine - lost over 100# in the past 20 months.  Can you believe it that in April, it will be 2 years since my husband moved out?  I've changed!!

The most obvious change is the loss of 101#.  But, I've changed inside too.  I'm happy, pleased with myself and my life.  The pups are happy too.  We enjoy our time together.  No, I'm not divorced or even legally separated.  I don't know that I ever will be.  Things just need to stay the way they are...so that we can continue our daily lives, living in our home.  

I would have loved to post about all the changes I've made around here...but alot of them I went by so fast, I just didn't have the time.  Most of them I didn't take before photos of either.

Part of the change in how I feel is...I don't spend much time on the internet anymore.  Yeah, I peek in and check on my favorite blogs, check Facebook [and occasionally post something quick there] and I use the internet to shop, too.  I just no longer feel the need or the urge to post about my life and how I'm doing...well, at least not on a regular basis.  I'm sure you can tell that by my lack of posts this year.  

Since I don't do much in the way of Holiday decorating...[any holiday or special day, for that matter]...I don't participate in blog parties.  

I guess...my priorities have changed!  I spend alot of time doing things around the house and yard.  It has already been colder earlier, this winter than for the past 3 years combined.   We already had a snowstorm and are expecting to get more snow/sleet/freezing rain Friday/Saturday...so I spend alot of time shoveling and snowblowing the Puppy Pen in my courtyard...and my driveway, sidewalk and porch.  Plus taking care of the inside of my house requires time...and I still groom all 3 of my Pups every 4 weeks.  Then there are errands, grocery and other kinds of shopping, church, people to visit and all the other things I do.


PLUS...sitting and snoozing with the Pups is a daily occasion [whether or not I snooze is another thing].  Whenever I sit down, they are at my feet, waiting to jump up and sit with me.  That lets me know that they feel I don't spend enough time with them.  When I do...they are perfecly content to sit in their bed, chair or even on the floor...or just look out the windows.

This year, I won't be ending my blogging with a "Top Posts/Recipe of 2016" post.  I will be ending it with an answer.

Which will it be?  YES...NO...or MAYBE.   One of them.

Take care...stay warm...and blessings are sent your way from me and the Pups. 
Jan Tanis
Jan Tanis

I'm Jan and I'm happy you stopped in. Please, leave a comment and follow along..

2 comments:

  1. OH, Jan! I am so happy for you- happy that your life has turned around. I know what it is like to have a big weight loss and it gives you a new lease on life, doesn't it? Good for you. Why don't you post when and as you can and feel like it? That way there is no pressure and you still have a 'record' of sort of accomplishments and feelings when you want to check back and see where you were at any given point in time.
    Merry Christmas to you and the pupsters. I remember that Christmas two years ago for you---what a change!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, Well, yes, I have missed you here but it seems we do keep in touch through etsy and some FB.
    You sure have come a long way since this new direction began. Your weight loss is incredible and what an accomplishment. I know you feel good and have tons of energy. You get so much done at your home while carrying for the pups and all your interests that need your attention.
    I am so happy for you and how far you've come over the last two years. You stood strong and got through it all. You've been such an inspiration!!
    To blog or not ~~ has to come from your heart. Of course I would love to see you stop in now and then, but I understand when things change and the interest to make that time to post fades. Just listen to your heart and it will show you the way. No matter what, we will still stay in touch!
    Wishing you a beautiful weekend as we approach Christmas. Blessings to you and the pupsters!!
    Merry Christmas my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete