I've Always Chosen to Be Busy...


I've often been told throughout my life that I'm a Busy Bee or the EveryReady Bunny.  I prefer to be active...heck I choose to be active.  Whether I'm doing a chore, running an errand or having fun cooking or baking...I like to be Busy.  Now, some people say being Busy is bad.  Why do you think that is?  I think it's because the person saying "you're too busy" is feeling unimportant in your life.  You have to have your "Busy" time if you're like me [I really choose/prefer to be busy as to inactive], but you also have to set priorities that postpone or put off your Busy-ness.  Perhaps it's a spouse, a child, a friend or a relative.  Perhaps it's just time for yourself...to eat right, sleep more, or exercise.  Whatever it is that's important to you, make it your priority...and go from there.

Right now I have some other big things going on at home...still trying to get my vinyl flooring replaced, as well as replacing skirting all around my manufactured home.  Those are 2 things I can't do and I need someone else to do them...but they will consume some of my time because of the things I have to do before/during the appointed time.  Then there are my 3 Pups.  They require alot of attention.  They love playing with me and sitting with me.  There are even times that I stop what I'm doing and just lay down with them on the sofa and take a nap.  They are my Number 1 priority.  Then I have set a priority of losing some additional weight and continuing to eat well and exercise regularly.  Going to church is a priority.  I'm sure you get the picture.  Sometimes, I just choose NOT to post, even when I notice that it's been a week, sometimes more, since I last posted.  But that's OK.

Here's a great article I came upon today...I don't even remember how I found it - it just jumped off the screen at me...so I thought I'd share it with you.

Why Already Busy People Are More Likely To Get More Things Done

Please click HERE to read the article, it will only take you 2 minutes to read it.

*          *          *          *         *

So, what did you like the article?  Are you a busy person, with priorities that truly come before your Busy-ness?  Are you the Bee?  Or the Mosquito?  Please let me know.


Jan Tanis
Jan Tanis

I'm Jan and I'm happy you stopped in. Please, leave a comment and follow along..

2 comments:

  1. Oh some days I make myself busy so I can turn off my worry button, and others I stay busy because I fall behind on housework. Nothing bad can be said about taking a bit of time to read a good book or just veg out on the couch watching a movie. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a busy person and I choose to be that way. I feel best when I am actively involved in something. I think best when I am busy and feel great when I accomplish something I didn't think would get done. Hope you have a great weekend, Jan. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete